Sunday, March 1, 2015

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em

You know those annoying people who repeatedly send and post referral links to shopping websites? I'm tired of receiving them. But if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So here's my list of referral links, condensed into one post, with the option to stop reading now.

Twice.com. This was the first online consignment store I used. (eBay and CFS sites don't count.) I started using it about a year and a half ago to get rid of professional work clothes. I found that I wasn't wearing my suits and dresses all that often while taking care of a baby, and traded them in for muumuus and yoga pants. High-end, designer brand muumuus and yoga pants, that is. No Mossimo clothes on Twice.


Twice
Sign up for Twice. Help me get credit for more muumuus.

Thred.up.com. I started using this site about a year ago on a friend's recommendation. Their payout isn't as good as twice.com, but they do accept more brands. They also buy and sell children's clothing. I don't know how their payout is for those, or what the quality of them is like. 90% of LEG's clothes are hand-me-downs, so I keep handing them down to other people or donating them. I have been happy with what I've purchased from thredup for myself.

Use my referral link for Thredup to buy toddler clothes, then tell me how the quality is. I'd like to use you for a recommendation and referral points.

Fabletics.com. Now that I've been unemployed for 26 months, I'm finally out of the muumuu and yoga pants phase. Workout clothes are where it's at. Get dressed in the morning, go the gym or for a run, and stay in your moisture wicking, comfortable workout clothes all day. With fabletics, you enter your style preferences and sizes, then they select a variety of outfits for you each month. You choose your outfit, or customize based on what you prefer, they send it. All brand new clothes, no pre-sweated-in workout gear. I'm ridiculously picky about certain aspects of workout clothes, and have been happy with my two outfits from fabletics. Both pairs of tights are thick, with a wide waistband that sits flat, gusseted crotch, and flat-lock seams. Puffer vest isn't overly puffy. The long sleeved shirt doesn't have tight cuffs or a thick seam at the wrist.  I returned one shirt, because it just wasn't my style once I tried it on (scoop neck was too deep), and the return process was easy.


Zulily. Zulily sells all kinds of brand new stuff, at good prices. I rarely buy anything from Zulily any longer, but here's a referral link anyway. Just because they have one. I usually wait for my neighbor to buy something, then jump on her free shipping deal and ask her to place an order within 24 hours for me. I use her for free shipping, she uses me for credit card reward points. It's a symbiotic relationship.


Just wait. Soon I'll start inviting you to a plethora of direct sales parties. But they'll be "book parties" or "online parties." I won't even have invite you to my house. I won't clean my house for you (not that I do much of that anyway), and I won't prepare food for you. I'll just use your purchases to get credit towards free product for myself. And I'll never invite you to do anything but attend my direct sales parties. No coffee dates, no group runs, no trips to the park, no dinner parties. Just direct sales parties.

Now go sign up for something so I can get free stuff. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment