Saturday, May 10, 2014

Muddy Waters

Despite once holding a job doing IT 'stuff' many years ago, I've fallen out of practice of the ways of the IT savvy, and have been slightly slow to embrace some new technology. I've never looked at MySpace or Tumblr, didn't try Facebook until 2009, and just got into Instagram in 2013. I didn't get a smartphone until 2013.

And now, I'm finally dipping my toes into the muddy waters of blogging. Why? Well, if you're friends with me on Facebook, you know I frequently ramble and blog on there. If you follow me on Instagram, you're wondering what I could possibly contribute to a blog aside from barely recognizable pictures of random road signs, and another, yes, another picture of some craft project or delicious (delicious looking, anyway) food I've made.

I've decided to dip my toes into the muddy waters of blogging anyway. Muddy because I still have a little bit of internet stranger danger after a few weird incidents a few years ago. Muddy because it's going to take me a while to figure out all the settings and not get the eeby jeebies every time I think about posting a picture. Muddy because... have I mentioned I ramble a lot sometimes?

About my blog title: Facebook friends, Instagram followers and IRL friends all know I'm not glam. At all. But I do like glitter, because I like craft projects. I also like sweating, because I like exercising. So let's just pretend I'm glam, because the thought of me being glam is amusing, and I'm easily amused.

Yeah, I know pictures help a blog. So for now, I'll leave you with a picture I took a few years ago on a cloudy day in our nation's capital. There's some mud in that water. That's not a metaphor for the state of our nation, or anything else, it's just a statement. The Tidal Basin has mud. Maybe also some glitter. Who knows? Not me. Just as I don't really know in what direction this blog will go.



No comments:

Post a Comment