Friday, October 24, 2014

Sweating Glitter

I changed my blog title a few days ago. I don't know why, I doubt anyone noticed, and I'm sure I'll change it again. The magical thing is that I still get the glittery, sweaty, glamorous url I've always had.

Then, just like that, after changing my blog title, I really did sweat glitter. Kind of. I met a friend a few days ago to shop for craft supplies. We're getting a head start on making Christmas wreathes, because we're go-getters like that, and because some of the supplies were on sale. And we had coupons. One of the supplies we chose has quite a bit of glitter on it. More than I anticipated when we first pulled it off the display at the craft store. LEG and my friend's toddler had lots of fun waving them around. Glittery wands. I'd gone to the gym just before meeting my friend at the craft store, so was sweaty, and she pointed out that within seconds of getting the glittery wands, I had glitter all over my face. "Hey, you're sweating glitter!" I love silly jokes. :-)

Look kinda like glittery wire whisks. 
Think they could double as kitchen tools? Wonder how glittery scrambled eggs would taste?

Now there's a nice layer of fine glitter in the back of my car, in my shopping bag, on the jacket I had on that day, and in my craft room / guest room / office / throw all the crap we don't fee like putting away in that room. 

Are you on my Christmas list? Watch out! You might find yourself with glitter. Everywhere. And that is why I rarely craft with glitter.




2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite Junie B. Jones quotes "Everything's better with a little glitter!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junie must not do the vacuuming in the Jones house. Bet she'd feel differently about glitter if so.

      Delete