Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lucky Charms

Remember those little rabbit foot keychains that were so popular in the 80's? They were dyed (I almost typed died, gross) different colors, and people kept them in their pockets to stroke for good luck? When I was about 10 yrs old, I saved up my allowance money to buy one. Yuck. I carried around a rabbit foot. I hope it was fake. I hope my parents had the good sense to steer me towards a fake one at the stuffmart.

Photo Credit to Dead Mammal Fan

I guess people who play BINGO believe in lucky charms, because while out for a walk yesterday, I saw a few gems outside our local BINGO parlor.

A toddler sized Ugg boot and a dead bird.
I'm sad for the toddler walking around with only one Ugg.  
Rigor mortis had set in. According to my toddler, "birdie sleeping."
Since these were outside the BINGO parlor, it made me wonder about BINGO players' superstitions. Maybe they dab their BINGO daubers on their lucky charms outside during smoke breaks. Or maybe dead birds just aren't allowed inside. Let's hope.

I don't have any lucky charms, but I do have one superstition. I won't wear a race shirt until after I've finished the race, regardless of when I received it. I think it's bad luck to wear race shirts during the race. 

How about you? Any lucky charms? Superstitions?

2 comments:

  1. That is the most peaceful, intact dead bird I've ever seen lol! I had one of those creepy "lucky" rabbit's feet too and it was real :/ I don't know why this was ever a trend! I have no lucky charms now...I retired my lucky underwear years ago, which could explain a lot :/ lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you retired all your underwear, that would explain a whole lot more.

      Delete